Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: None <tv@pobox.com>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 12:50:37
> : I booted off the boot.fs disk, went immediately into sysinst, chose install
> : NetBSD, it found my one hard drive, asked if it was what I wanted to use,
> : then said:
> : uid 0 on /: file system full
>
> : The disk is already entirely partitioned for NT, but I want it wiped for
> : NetBSD... shouldn't it deal with that?
>
> The ramdisk ran out.  Happened to me too.  I nuked /etc/{s,}pwd.db
> in the ramdisk root the next boot, and it had enough room to do
> everything.
>
> Perhaps the non-tiny install disk should use a 2MB ramdisk, instead
> of a 1.44MB one?

Maybe.  But if it gets filled up more, there is a danger of it not
fitting on a 1.44MB diskette anymore.

I did the conservative thing, i.e. I bumped the ramdisk area in the
INSTALL configuration by 100 blocks, and reconstructed the boot
images.  This time I even booted all three of them, and verified that
on all of them "df -k" said something like "100KB free" on the root
file system.

I've installed the new boot.fs file on ftp.netbsd.org, and I've
recomputed the checksums of the files.  (Note, I've not updated the
source snapshot accordingly.)

Please tell me if this fixes the problem.

- H=E5vard