Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1998 20:43:13
}As last time, this hasn't received very thorough testing by me,
}but again, the build machine did at least stay up while building
}this snapshot running a kernel based on these sources, for
}whatever that is worth.

I booted off the boot.fs disk, went immediately into sysinst, chose install
NetBSD, it found my one hard drive, asked if it was what I wanted to use,
then said:
uid 0 on /: file system full

/: write failed, file system is full
Segmentation fault

The disk is already entirely partitioned for NT, but I want it wiped for
NetBSD... shouldn't it deal with that?

}If I don't hear wild protests, the two oldest i386 snapshots will
}be removed shortly (in a day?) to free up some space on the ftp
}server, i.e. the July 23 and the October 31 snapshots will be
}removed.

No protests from me... but thanks, for taking the trouble to make the
snapshots and make them available.

}As always, please report any bugs found.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu