Subject: ld woes
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1998 23:48:48
Since building egcs 1.1.1 on i386, I can't get another build to succeed (How did
you manage Harvard?) The usual was cc1 getting signal 11, eg.,

cc -O -DALL_STATE  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arit
h -Werror   -D_LIBC -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/sr
c/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DRESOLVSORT -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATI
NG_POINT -c /usr/src/lib/libc/rpc/pmap_rmt.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

but now it's ld, and repeatable, eg.:

# make
all ===> ld
cc   -o ld ld.o symbol.o lib.o shlib.o warnings.o etc.o rrs.o xbits.o md.o -lgnumalloc
collect2: ld terminated with signal 10 [Bus error], core dumped

I tried replacing this ld with one from 1st October with the same result, ie.,
I can't rebuild it. Is there any way out of this, or is it time to try out the
snapshot?

Cheers,

Patrick