Subject: Re: arm32 -current breaks usr.sbin/mbrlabel
To: None <toddpw@best.com, cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1998 20:04:59
Hi,

> > Apparently the arm32 /usr/include/machine/disklabel_mbr.h now has a copy of
> > the MBR stuff in it, and this conflicts with the private copy that mbrlabel
> > has. For now I have hacked mbrlabel to use 'struct my_mbr_partition' to get
> > around this. Udiffs attached below...
>
> the arm32 has had it for over five months; it's not new.

Yes, you are correct on that.  Maybe I should have looked closer into all
those other ports' disklabel.h for name conflicts (actually, it turns out
that there are name conflicts even against my own ports (NetBSD/ofppc)
disklabel.h 8-o).

That's the reason why there is a comment in usr.sbin/mbrlabel/mbrlabel.h
reading:

 * This file should most likely be somewhere else in the include hierarchy.

Since there are quite a few ports now that do have native support for the
MBR partitioning scheme, and this mbrlabel program is used to support this
scheme even on other ports, maybe it's really time to put it somewhere like
<sys/mbr.h> and include that in the relevant <machine/disklabel.h> files.

Thoughts?

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--