Subject: egcs-1.1.1 (was: Re: kernel panic, tonight's sup)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1998 14:58:05
>Fwiw, I'm running a kernel built with the new compiler
>on pmax, and I've built big parts of The World, without
>problems so far.

The -G <small-sectoni-size> thing is still broken.  Did you make a
kernel with GP="-G0", or do something else?

Todd --  the  stanza

     /* This defines which switch letters take arguments. */
     #undef SWITCH_TAKES_ARG
     #define SWITCH_TAKES_ARG(CHAR) \
       (DEFAULT_SWITCH_TAKES_ARG(CHAR) \
       || (CHAR) == 'R')

in dist/gcc/config/netbsd.h really is bogus.  There really are MD
switch letters that take arguments, like -G on a mips.  And on a mips,
gcc -R just tells me that -R is an unsupported option.

Is there some reason not to just nuke it?