Subject: Re: Packages want to install in /usr/X11R6?
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1998 22:41:37
On Nov 12,  7:19am, Markus Illenseer wrote:
>[I wrote:]
>> This can't be right:
>
> It is mutual agreement among package maintainers to install applications
>for X11 in /usr/X11R6/ - the rest goes to /usr/pkg/

top is not an X package.
cvs is not an X package.
rpm is not an X package.

Yet, all of these were installed under /usr/X11R6.

The reason being, as I have discovered, is the presence of

USE_MOTIF=YES

in my mk.conf.  This should only affect packages that use Motif, but
instead it was affecting _all_ of them.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve.  Success is also
easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem.  Work hard to
improve.