Subject: Re: make build failure from yesterdays sup
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Millen <dmillen@largesalad.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1998 19:39:28
Dave Millen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following happened while trying to 'make build' from sources supped
> yesterday (4th).

<snip>

>      /home/src/lib/libc/gen/__fts13.c: In function `fts_build':
>      /home/src/lib/libc/gen/__fts13.c:697: structure has no member named
>      `dp_namlen'
>      cc1: warnings being treated as errors
>      /home/src/lib/libc/gen/__fts13.c:692: warning: `len' might be used
>      uninitialized in this function

I think I've overcome the above, but the build still fails on the shared libc:

     all ===> lib/libc
     building shared c library (version 12.33)
     ld -x -shared  -o libc.so.12.33    --whole-archive libc_pic.a
     --no-whole-archive
     ld: libc_pic.a(brk.so): relocation for internal symbol expected at
     0x40
     ld: libc_pic.a(sbrk.so): relocation for internal symbol expected at
     0x38
     ld: libc_pic.a(yperr_string.so): gotslot at 0x4 is multiple valued:
     0x5c vs 0x64
     *** Error code 1

I think I saw some correspondence about this a while ago but, at the time,
-current kernels would not boot on my system, so I was unable to do a 'make
build' and therefore didn't pay enough attention. Is this an ongoing problem or
have I done something wrong?

TIA,
Dave
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: dmillen@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/