Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1998 12:21:40
On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 01:08:38AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
>      Do you have any figures on the performance difference of a 905
> between PIO and DMA modes at both 10mbps and 100mbps?

It has been measured (so far) to do > 9Mbytes/s on a 905 in DMA mode.
Of course, the system itself and the other side participating in
the benchmark make a difference. I think that the 905 driven in PIO
mode had a peak performance well below that, but maybe someone who
has actually tried both could tell you more about that.

- Frank