Subject: Tape Re: Amanda backups: gtar or dump?
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1998 13:24:48
speaking of tape, it got this HP1533a scci tape that I used twice, in over
4 years.  Recently I tried it again and it rewind the tape to the begin
and then fails and ejects the tape.  When I pull out the tape, there is
like 1 inch of the tape hanging lose outside the cartridge.

The tape drive  is in a server that is on 24/7.  It was new when I bought
it, and never got a chance to really use it.

Anyone seen this kind or problem?  oh , it's a DDS2 type.

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087