Subject: Re: ld: Bug or Feature?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1998 13:45:41
Your message dated: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:11:47 EST
>On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Feico Dillema wrote:
>
>Hrmpf.  I wonder why ld was searching /usr/pkg/lib at all while building
>-current - no one else seems to have run into that.
>
>: If it's a feature, shouldn't the compat12 package install its shared libutil
>: in /usr/lib ???
>
>To keep from polluting /usr/lib.  Again, I wonder why ld is searching
>/usr/pkg/lib - that's the big problem.

I've finished the make build by moving the lib in /usr/pkg/lib out of the way.
I'll try to do another make build this evening, and see if it still does it.
It may very well be that my toolchain wasn't very clean. I was upgrading
from -current of early October which had the egcs chain as default. I had
considerable problems with that build, and switched back from egcs to
gcc-2.7.2 yesterday. Maybe I forgot to rebuild something before I started
the make build. I'll build again, and let you know whether the problem
is still there.

Feico.