Subject: MX98713 support for NetBSD?
To: None <>
From: KOUCHI Takayoshi <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/1998 21:51:46

I have a Macronix MX98713-based fast-ethernet card, and
it is a kind of DEC DC21140A-clone.  Some time ago, Hannum had
fixed if_de.c to work with it, but it still had a problem
that duplicate packets might be produced.

Linux folks has fixed the problem and the information is available at

I have been trying to get the fixes into if_de.c, and (perhaps)
succeeded in getting the duplicate packets go away.

But some minutes after booting, the driver says:

de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold 96|256)
de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold 128|512)

According to Macronix's datasheets, such a situation isn't expected,
so we must fix something in if_de.c.

I'm neither a network expert nor a kernel expert, so I need help.
Someone has good idea about it?  If needed, I'll post my dirty

Takayoshi Kouchi