Subject: Re: Amanda backups: gtar or dump?
To: Head Anarchy Conquest Knight Esquire of the Realm <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1998 09:04:46
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Head Anarchy Conquest Knight Esquire of the Realm wrote:

> The problem with that, and this is actually one of dump's major
> selling points, is that dump prepends a table of contents to the
> beginning of the dump.

That's fine; I would be quite happy with an appended list of
checksums. I have no objection to re-reading the entire set of
tapes for a verify; in fact, that's exactly what I want to do.

A backup that you're not sure is readable is not much more comforting
than no backup at all.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@portal.ca>  604-257-9400    De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
Any opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.