Subject: Re: Amanda backups: gtar or dump?
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1998 11:12:39
>>>>> "Curt" == Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca> writes:

Curt> Actually, one of my main complaitnts about dump is there doesn't
Curt> appear to be a way to verify the integrity of a dump, and it
Curt> doesn't even appear to do checksums on the files. That's why
Curt> I've been using Gnu cpio with the -H crc option for so
Curt> long. (It's still irritating that it doesn't check the crc when
Curt> it lists, though; you have to do an actual extract to do that.)

For a while there, it looked like I was going to get paid by my
employer to add checksums to amanda, which would have worked
regardless of the type of backup being done.  That would have been
nice, but the deal fell through.  :(  At any rate, I think that's not
a bad way to go for checksums.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu