Subject: dhclient support..
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1998 01:23:13
Ok,

Not to ask this yet again, but is /etc/netstart.local the recommended
spot to launch dhclient?  This doesn't seem exactly correctly, since
netstart is done *before* mounting /var, and dhclient wants to save
data into /var.  In particular, /var/db/dhclient.leases, and also
/var/run/dhclient.pid.  This seems somewhat broken if we consider
dhclient to be "production", along with the lack of dhclient support
in /etc/rc.conf.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.