Subject: New problems with linux-emulation on i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/1998 17:20:07
Since a few days I encounter some new problems with linux emulation:
My current kernels (i386) refuse to run i386-linux binaries of those
famous Q* games. I now get:
"Error: VID: Could not get any shared memory".

This *may* have something to do with the emulation of sound (devices),
but that's just a guess (I dont' know much about anything).

BTW: Netscape Communicator V4.5b2 i386-linux binaries still run fine and
a kernel made with sources dated 18th or 19th October doesn't have this
problem.

Bye,
  Thilo.
--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20