Subject: Re: Why is Samba so much slower on NetBSD than FreeBSD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1998 15:23:30

    Jukka> On Fri, Oct 23, 1998 at 09:23:49AM -0700, Jason Thorpe
    Jukka> wrote:
    >> > Note that the elink3 driver doesn't say anything when the
    >> fifo > overflowded.
    >>
    >> Uh, let's add a printf?

    Jukka> Doesn't that just make the problem worse by slowing down

  Yes. We should be incrementing a counter, and printing something
whenever the counter is first incremented, so that I might think to
monitor the counter.

]     Internet Security. Have encryption, will travel           |1 Fish/2 Fish[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[