Subject: Re: how to make installation sets for a particular date
To: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@b1.hkstar.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1998 09:24:35
On Oct 21, Chan Yiu Wah wrote
> hello,
>
> I would like to know who to make a set of installation for a particular
> date just like the 1.3.2 release.  I am running the i386 system.  Thanks.

I assume the root of the -current sources is /usr/src.
First, the boot floppy. compile a INSTALL and INSTALL_SMALL kernel
in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/{INSTALL,INSTALL_SMALL}. Then type 'make'
in /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/. This will give you a boot.fs in
bootfloppy/ and bootfloppy-small/
Then you can build the binary sets. For this you need some place
where to put the source install. Let's call it /place
setenv DESTDIR /place
cd /usr/src; make build
once the make build has completed, you can go in /usr/src/etc and type
'make INSTALL_DONE=1 distribution'.
Then run the script '/usr/src/distrib/sets/maketars'

All this by reading the makefile and scrips. I actually never tried to
do a distribution, so I may have forgotten something !

Btw, maybe this should be in the FAQ/www server, if not already done ?