Subject: Re: psh
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1998 01:40:06
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

// I was thinking more in terms of being able to have a solution that
// is portable.  Most of the big machines I use run Solaris which is
// why I wrote the C version of parallel - because I had problems with
// sigchld on solaris...

	I'll be running this on Solaris tomorrow (later today, actually).
It works pretty well on NetBSD and IRIX so far.  In my younger days, I
used to have a problem with having two machines running the same OS in my
house.  Now that I don't get to spend as much time with them, I've settled
on a few different ones, and a few NetBSD machines.  Portability is always
a big concern for me.  This sh didn't really like to be moved away from
NetBSD, but it's going OK.

--
SA, beyond.com                            The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>