Subject: A few random -current questions
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1998 19:59:36
    First off, I don't remember hearing anything about it recently.  Is
libc completely done, or is it still in progress on some ports?  Can
anybody give a list of which ports are "okay" and which ones are
"broken" still?

    Also, I've seen some commits recently related to LFS.  Are these
simply fixing warnings and such, or is somebody really working on
getting LFS working?  If the latter, is there any kind of progress
report so far (what's fixed, what's left to do, if any help is needed,
etc)?

    Something I've always kinda wondered about, why are the files that
come from pcidevs, isapnpdevs, etc. regenerated on the server, rather
than just done as dependencies at kernel-compile time?

    Also, anybody have any nifty suggestions on ways to keep their
kernel config file up to date?  I generally just end up re-hacking a
GENERIC config file to my liking every so often.  Just wondering if
anybody has any simple way of keeping theirs up to date.

    Thanks in advance.

                                                          Will Ferry