Subject: Re: Partition tables (was: Re: Another changer, another changer problem)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/1998 15:16:46
  I really like the "disk0" at sd0 stuff.
  A suggestion for situations where the "native" partition table can
potentially support multiple disklabel'ed partitions (e.g MBR): allow "disk?
at sd0" to match as many as there are.
  This is probably pretty similar to how FreeBSD does it, possibly in
a more general way.
  Perhaps "disk?" is simply for BSD style partitions, and we have "linux0"
or "extended0" for dealing with OSs that partition the space differently
(or not at all, since Linux uses raw MBR partitions, but can have "extended"
partitions)

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.