Subject: Re: ascii dump for tcpdump (was Re: truss-like command for netbsd)
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 10/12/1998 14:37:05
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:27:04 +0900
 Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp> wrote:

 > > More importantly, I think LBL's excuse is rather lame,
 >
 > Then why did NetBSD reject the patch because LBL rejected it with the
 > "lame" "execuse"? (provided the fact that NetBSD rejected it because
 > of LBL's rejection of the patch is true; if not, I'd like to hear the
 > real reason)

You can infer that I think that NetBSD's excuse was rather lame, too :-)

(OH NO!  QUICK!  GRAB THE WORMS! :-)

IMO, "minimal diffs from vendor code" is OK when reasonable, but if it
means going without a nice feature, etc., you'll never hear me advocate
that philosophy.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942