Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: None <>
From: John Nemeth <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/1998 14:23:20
On Oct 3,  9:32pm, Greg Earle wrote:
} If we're going to consider radical changes, why not go whole-hog and
} implement Veritas' VxVM and its abstraction away of the physical device layer?

     This is certainly a possibility and worth considering.  There
already is a project working on this idea.  It's called the "Vinum
Volume Manager".  The URL is .

} P.S. Shouldn't this *really* be on tech-<somethingorother>?

     It probably shouldn't be anywhere.  This debate comes up every
few months and the content is pretty much the same.  Usually, I just
ignore it, but I was in the mood to raise a little rukus this time :->

P.S.  Could you keep your lines a little shorter so that they don't
wrap when quoted?

}-- End of excerpt from Greg Earle