Subject: New Netgear FA310TX support?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1998 15:53:54
Hello Everybody (Matt?)

I just received a new Netgear FA310TX with the "new" Netgear NIC
that is supposedly a 21140 clone.  It is not recognized correctly
be the 'de' driver.  It claims to be a "Lite-On Communications"
card, product id 0x0002.  Modifying the tulip_pci_probe in if_de.c
to recognize the Lite-On vendor id wasn't enough.  It appeared to
probe, printing only:
de0 at pciX slot X function X

Has anyone looked into supporting these clone cards?  The driver
disk included a linux 'tulip.c' that had a small section with a
comment referring to the FA310TX.

Thanks.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.