Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/1998 13:31:07
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Didn't I say something about a "hard" line somewhere?

So? What I said still applies; I don't want my console going to
just any terminal; I want it going only to physically secured
terminal.

> Clearly trying to point /dev/console at a PTY would be pointless
> regardless of how intelligent your PROM is.

Why? ISTR some systems do this. You can do a shutdown from a telenet
connection, and that connection will remain open and be your console.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@portal.ca>  604-257-9400    De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
Any opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.