Subject: Re: Partition tables (was: Re: Another changer, another changer problem)
To: David Holland <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/1998 10:51:53
According to David Holland:
>The only problem I see would be retaining full backward compatibility
>with existing /dev naming, which might be a bit difficult -- but I
>don't hear a lot of people protesting that they really like it the way
>it is. :-)

You can always try what Sun do, symbolically link the compatiability
names to the new names.  Mind you, you need to make _all_ the tools
use the new naming scheme - unlike Sun.  On a Solaris 2 machine try
doing an "iostat -xtc" and see what disk naming scheme you get ;-)

  And the monks would cry unto them, "Keep the bloody noise down!"
  - Mort, Terry Pratchett.