Subject: Ide patches update
To: None <email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <email@example.com>
Date: 10/04/1998 22:08:02
I've updated the IDE patches with the last changes to the bouyer-ide branch.
As usual, patches for 1.3.2 are in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/ide-1.3.2/ (nothing changed in the
diff file, you just need to extract the tar-file and recompile), patches for
-current are in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/bouyer/.
This should be the last round of changes before integration in the
mainline, so please give try this code. You can find precompiled GENERIC
kernels in these directory too.
I hope to be able to pull this in the mainline next thursday.
- A few cosmetic changes in printf's
- Add a new flag C_DMA to wdc_xfer's flags, and use it instead of doing 3 tests
- remove an unneeded delay() in the PIO write path; should improve writing
performances a bit
- convert 32bit data read/write to use data32iot/data32ioh, (arm32 part
not yet finished).
- Re-add reset after probe, this is needed for a few controllers.
- correct a bug in wdc_probe_cap, where an uninitialised params would be
used for non-32bit controllers.
- In pciide: if a channel has no drives, and we know how to disable it,
then disable it and free the resources. This is needed for some laptops
where irq15 is routed to pcmcia because the secondary channel is never used
but the BIOS doesn't disbale it.
Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI. Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr