Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1998 09:08:10
> The basic idea that is that if somebody does "mount -l <label>:x"
> then the mount program would look at all the incore disklabels

Hold it right there.  How would it find them?  Would you try to guess
which /dev entries correspnod to disks, or would you add a new
interface that would allow mount to query the kernel about all disk
devices?  And if the latter, how do you propose that the kernel tell
which devices are disks?

> The beauty of this method is that it is simple and does pretty much
> everything that everybody wants.  [...]

If the "how to find all disks" issue is addressed, I agree with the
rest of what you say.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca