Subject: Re: undef symbol '___builtin_vec_delete' in groff.
To: Todd Whitesel <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1998 08:59:46
On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Todd Whitesel wrote:

: > Make sure you recompile and reinstall libgcc.  You're missing this from an
: > egcs upgrade.

: Looking at the nm output, I see the following differences:
:     Only in /usr/lib/libgcc.a
: 	_eh.o _op_vnew.o _op_vdel.o _op_delete.o _op_new.o _new_handler.o
:     Only in $(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/libgcc.a
: 	__dummy.o
: To simply reinstall libgcc at this point would trash my current system!

You need to reCOMPILE and reinstall libgcc.
The build process even tells you this both when compiling libgcc and at the
end of the build.  It seems that egcs was installed partway through a build,
or as an individual part of the build instead of as part of a global make

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.