Subject: Re: Optimizer bug in new egcc on i386
To: Martin Husemann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <email@example.com>
Date: 10/04/1998 18:54:11
Martin Husemann writes:
> In an urgent need to debug the problems I have with the ep driver and
> noticing the massive changes to that driver since my latest sources
> (right before the toolchain update and the signal changes), I brought
> two systems from 1.3G to -current as of yesterday morning (MEST)
> After everything was up, I blew away my kernel compile directories,
> sprinkled the elink3.c code with debug printf's and build a new
> This didn't work: in the first packet send by we0 the if_we.c driver
> gets an uvmfault in we_write_mbuf.
> Exactly the same kernel, compiled with the old egcc before I updated
> the world, runs just fine. Compiling if_we.c without any -O flag makes
> it work again (I was using the default -O2 when it broke).
> Have to look into the assembler output for details...
I've just been bitten by this bug, but I didn't have time to
investigate. I'll disable -O for that file and see how I go.
Thanks for the message; saved me a lot of debugging...