Subject: Re: undef symbol '___builtin_vec_delete' in groff.
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1998 00:20:59
> Make sure you recompile and reinstall libgcc.  You're missing this from an
> egcs upgrade.

Please explain this, then:

When I tweak my failing link line to specifically pull in the _old_ libgcc,
it works. (I was doing a 'make build' with DESTDIR set, which probably is
why I still have the old libgcc.)

Looking at the nm output, I see the following differences:

    Only in /usr/lib/libgcc.a
	_eh.o _op_vnew.o _op_vdel.o _op_delete.o _op_new.o _new_handler.o

    Only in $(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/libgcc.a
	__dummy.o

To simply reinstall libgcc at this point would trash my current system!

Either I built libgcc incorrectly (I thought I just built it as part of the
'make build') or there is something genuinely wrong with the sources I supped.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com