Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: John Nemeth <email@example.com>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/03/1998 23:17:40
On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, John Nemeth wrote:
* On Oct 2, 11:42am, Brett Lymn wrote:
* } than others - scsi in particular can be a major PITA if you screw up
* } the bus termination/connections when adding a new device "live".
* This is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with the kernal.
So add support for the hardware that CAN support it (such as SPARC).
* There are many ways that you can cause a system to "blow up" if you
* start screwing around with the hardware on a live system. This is not
* a reason not to add the ability to rescan a bus.
* } >HP-UX includes "ioscan" which will find all attached hardware for which
* } >drivers are in the kernel, whether or not they have device files.
* } find and configure or just find? If it is just find then you may want
* Just find. If you want to configure it, you either need to use
* "sam", or execute a whole bunch of commands by hand.
The SPARCs have the potential to find and configure in if you probe
a device previously marked as "unconfigured", and they have the means
as well to drop a previously but no longer configured device.
* }-- End of excerpt from Brett Lymn
Friends don't let friends use Microsoft.