Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/1998 18:20:16
On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 03:18:14PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
> Note, that this rant isn't just aimed at you, but rather everybody
> that is trying to turn NetBSD into SysV (*especially* Greg, who keeps
> restarting this idiotic discussion every few months).

There's a difference between turning BSD into SysV and importing good ideas
from SysV. There are elements of SysV designed for reliable system
administration in a production environment, with clear boundaries between
system files and those meant to be modified by admins, that I'd like to see
in BSD. In the face of NIH attitudes like this, why bother implementing it?