Subject: Re: PPP authentication
To: None <mason@primenet.com.au, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1998 20:19:51
On Sep 29, 12:38pm, Geoff Wing wrote:
} Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> typed:
} :Let's say there are some 30 NetBSD boxes with 4 to 8 dial-in lines on
} :each.  What's the easiest way of configuring PPP on all lines and boxes
} :to authenticate the users using a shared user database?  Also, is there
} :any way of limiting user on-line time to some number of minutes per day?
}
} You could use YP for authentication with ``login'' option to pppd and
} the appropriate /etc/ppp/pap-secrets lines.  eg. for user ``username'':
} 	username    *   ""   *

     Hmm, I forgot about this.  Previous versions of pppd didn't
require the pap-secrets file when you used the "login" option.  I wish
the current version didn't either, since it means keeping the same
information in multiple places and is really annoying.

}-- End of excerpt from Geoff Wing