Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1998 17:38:12
On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Oh, of course it does, but that's most emphatically *not* the problem
> the /dev/disk/cNtNdN problem is trying to solve.  What it does do is
> make a guaranteed 100% accurate way of determining what /dev node refers
> to what physical device.  I.e. you can manually peer in at the back of
> the controller card, all the cabling, and the jumpers/switches on the
> drives, etc., and be 100% certain what /dev node you must use to access
> any given device.

But we can already do that now just by looking at the boot output
to see which thing was assigned to which. If you want to hardwire
that, you can do so easily enough in your kernel config file.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@portal.ca>  604-257-9400    De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
Any opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.