Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1998 02:25:43
> Is it worth it?  To me, it is not worth the effort it would take to
> implement it.  If you feel differently, go to it!  I think such a
> scsifs would be a Pretty Cool Hack, even if I probably wouldn't use it
> myself.

A 'scsifs' or generalized 'probefs' would be VERY useful.

I really want to see novice sysadmin tools, and APIs that allow userland
to query for device information are a _requirement_ for this.

(There's already work going on to assist kernel config, and some of the
technology can be leveraged. I think we're moving in the right direction.)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com