Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: Todd Whitesel <email@example.com>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/01/1998 11:06:08
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Todd Whitesel wrote:
* > Is there any specific reason it _shouldn't_ probe all 8 LUNs?
* A hypothetical scenario is a buggy device that crashes if you probe anything
* other than LUN 0. (Though this might be covered by a quirk table. Oh well.)
There ya go. Quirks. Gotta love 'em.
* I have a UMAX scanner (Astra 910S) that causes 1.3.2 to complain loudly for
* each LUN after 0, so I usually leave it powered off except when I really need
* to use it.
* > I wish I had a SCSI controller capable of recognising LUNs, actually
* > -- it would octuple my current drive address space; considering that
* Huh? Wouldn't you have to convince some of your existing devices to share
* a SCSI ID, but only respond to different LUN's? I don't think this will
* "just work" in the setup that you're describing here.
Uh, actually, when I said SCSI controller, I didn't mean the SCSI bus
(esp0), I meant the controller as in the card that drives the disk
drive. Currently, most, if not all, manufacturers ship disks that have a
one-to-one disk-to-controller mapping; I'd like it if there were some
that at least could split 2 disks (LUNs) for one controller (Target).
* Todd Whitesel
* toddpw @ best.com
Friends don't let friends use Microsoft.