Subject: Re: Another changer, another changer problem
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1998 03:19:44
> Is there any specific reason it _shouldn't_ probe all 8 LUNs?

A hypothetical scenario is a buggy device that crashes if you probe anything
other than LUN 0. (Though this might be covered by a quirk table. Oh well.)

I have a UMAX scanner (Astra 910S) that causes 1.3.2 to complain loudly for
each LUN after 0, so I usually leave it powered off except when I really need
to use it.

> I wish I had a SCSI controller capable of recognising LUNs, actually
> -- it would octuple my current drive address space; considering that
> a) I'm looking into a CD-R sometime RSN; b) my SCSI bus is full up; and
> c) a Sbus FSB/E card is still unreasonably expensive, this would be a
> very nice thing to have.

Huh? Wouldn't you have to convince some of your existing devices to share
a SCSI ID, but only respond to different LUN's?  I don't think this will
"just work" in the setup that you're describing here.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com