Subject: Re: Routing and PPP...
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1998 12:39:48
In message <199809291606.MAA25690@jekyll.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writ
es:
>A PPP connection is point to point. What would it *mean* for a netmask
>to be applied to such a network? ARP doesn't work on PPP -- nor does
>any other address resolution mechanism.

What I would mean by it is "the remote address, and everything within the
implied netblock, is across this link".  Basically, the situation is that
one of my dialups is really a gateway for a network of about 16 computers,
and rather than having to muck with routes, I'd like to just say "when
this link is up, this whole block is across it".

-s