Subject: Re: System configuration utility
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1998 11:15:42
According to Jonathan Stone:

>Using ncurses may be a problem. As best I understand it (not very
>well), ncurses is a package, not in our tree itself, so any
>system-config tool based on ncurses would have to be a package, too.

Ahem - we _do_ have a bug in the database (3969) that may address, at
least, some of the issues that ncurses is being used for without the
licensing issues.

>Also, the kernel-config tool sounds like it has a lot of overlap with
>the tool Brett Lymn announced yesterday; have the two of you talked
>about this all?

I just fired of an email to David.  Seems like it was Just One of
Those Things (tm) with us putting out similar tools within days of
each other :-)  I am keen to see if we can join forces and make things
happen.

  And the monks would cry unto them, "Keep the bloody noise down!"
  - Mort, Terry Pratchett.