Subject: Re: ipfilter + logging crash in netbsd-1-3 branch
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1998 14:33:15
cgd@netbsd.org (Chris G. Demetriou) writes:

> I've seen it on my home gateway, which uses ipfilter.  I didn't see it
> with the version of ipfilter that was in NetBSD 1.3.2, which ran with
> uptimes of month+, but had other problems (namely, some frags weren't
> passed properly, because keep state wasn't keeping the right state).

Right.  In the 1.3.2 ipfilter, keep state didn't work well at all, and
that would in fact crash the machine after a while.  So, I upgraded to
the netbsd-1-3 branch version, and that seems to be broken in a
different way.

Does keep state work in the netbsd-1-3 branch version?

I'm going to try a variation of the uipc_socket.c patch, which I was
told lead to mbuf corruption, and see if that makes things stable.

--Michael