Subject: When will current compile again?
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1998 10:48:50
>I hate to complain as I know that people are doing this on a volunteer
>basis an all but is there any way that the changes that broke -current
>could be backed out until the fixes are complete?  It's been weeks and
>I really need to build a new system due to new hardware.
>
>If not, is there an ETA for fixing it?

Today's sup looks like it compiles on i386 already. Does that help?

Backward-compat stubs for sig{pending,procmask,suspend} in C would get
the rest for other ports, except for the new __sigreturn14 (trivial)
and setjmp() (harder). As it is, there' three bits of fiddly
assembly-code to get right instead of four.