Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 20:18:46
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, der Mouse wrote:

: > I did try and find some statement on the WWW to the effect that all
: > components the base system must be fully and 100% functional within
: > the context of the base system only, but I couldn't.
:
: See asa, fpr, fsplit, possibly others - vs no FORTRAN support
: (compiler, runtime, etc).
:
: ...or Am I Missing Something (tm)? :-)

src/gnu/dist/gcc/f/... FORTRAN was at least anticipated, even if it was a
while away, since BSD had it Way Back When.

Same with netiso, etc.; we _want_ to put reliable stuff in tree to support
it.  The low popularity of these types of things has probably been a
contributing factor to why we've sat around doing nothing with them.  ;)

On the other hand, I don't see us _ever_ putting TeX in the tree.