Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 16:55:02
>> >Being the devil's advocate, what about netccitt or netiso support? :-)
>>
>> Bill, if you keep putting your foot in your mouth like that, you'll
>> have to go wash it out with soap.

Sorry.  I'll have to try and explain the allusion over lunch sometime.

Suffice to say that you may've just volunteered to write some trivial
test apps -- if you can't find and build the ISODE ones.  (I have no
clue what the licensing restrictions on ISODE are, but there must've
be a copy around stanford somewhere.)

The other can of worms is that if we haven't actually exercised ns(4)
or the ISO stack in some time, you may well trip over kernel panics if
you try and use them -- especially on machines that don't handle
unaligned accesses.  I'd ask CGD, I think he fixed a bunch of bugs on
the Alpha at one point, so someone must've looked at this.