Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 16:37:16
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> >Being the devil's advocate, what about netccitt or netiso support? :-)
> Bill, if you keep putting your foot in your mouth like that, you'll
> have to go wash it out with soap.

> Seriously, though: at one point ISODE was mant to run on top of
> "native" netiso stack, but pinging ciscos using a 7-digit phone-number
> as GOSIP prefix lost its baroque charm.
> What do you want, ISO FTAM?  X.29 emulation??

Uhm, yes. One of the big projects I've tried to work on is the if_detach
code changes. One of the essential elements of that is that we track usage
of ifaddr's. I have added code to do this with _all_ our networking
stacks. I've only been able to test this code with netinet and with
netatalk, but not with anything else. Mainly as I have NO way of testing
any of the other stacks. Well, netnatm seems simple enough it should be
safe, but netccitt, netiso, and netns really should be tested.

Take care,