Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 16:37:16
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> >Being the devil's advocate, what about netccitt or netiso support? :-)
>
> Bill, if you keep putting your foot in your mouth like that, you'll
> have to go wash it out with soap.

???

> Seriously, though: at one point ISODE was mant to run on top of
> "native" netiso stack, but pinging ciscos using a 7-digit phone-number
> as GOSIP prefix lost its baroque charm.
>
> What do you want, ISO FTAM?  X.29 emulation??

Uhm, yes. One of the big projects I've tried to work on is the if_detach
code changes. One of the essential elements of that is that we track usage
of ifaddr's. I have added code to do this with _all_ our networking
stacks. I've only been able to test this code with netinet and with
netatalk, but not with anything else. Mainly as I have NO way of testing
any of the other stacks. Well, netnatm seems simple enough it should be
safe, but netccitt, netiso, and netns really should be tested.

Take care,

Bill