Subject: [Fwd: People interested in looking at a kernel config file builder?]
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 13:56:35
Brett Lymn wrote:
> Folks,
>         Some people may recall me raving about putting together an
> assistant type program for building a kernel config file.  After much
> distractions & delay I have finally put something together that I
> think will do the job.  I would like some interested people to have a
> look at what I have done and see what they think....

Cool!

> The source comes to ~40k tarred 'n zipped.  If someone can provide a
> ftp spot that would be great (I consider ~60k mail messages bordering
> on rude ;-).

I'd suggest

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/

but I don't know if people can read things from there, or if it's
a write only directory.

> You will Julian Coleman's and my patches to libcurses - there is a bug in
> the gnats database for this (#3969).  I can produce an updated patch
> if required.

We definitely need a bug-administrator whose single task would
be to take care that send-prs get processed in a timely manner.
I know that this is a voluntary project, but if we would find
a brave soul who would remind the responsible persons every
now and then about their assigned bugs, and maybe reassing
the bugs or fix them himself, that would be great.

  Guenther