Subject: some pkg questions
To: None <>
From: Udo Steinegger <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 04:40:18

I've got several questions/notes on different packages:

1: /usr/pkgsrc/mail/imap-uw

this package installs without having the imap and pop3 lines added
to /etc/services.
Neither the appropriate lines in /etc/inetd.conf are added.
So one needs to add it manually.

2: /usr/pkgsrc/www/apache-ssl

One needs to type 'make certificate' by oneself too. It wouldn't be
too hard to answer the 4 questions asked by that command at the time
one types 'make install'.  So no use of that package unless one makes
his certificates manually.

3: /usr/pkgsrc/www/php3

I don't pick on the Note section in the Makefile (in fact I am glad that
this note was there, that some things have to be done manually :)) ).
But this package doesn't compile using the apache/apache-ssl package
It does not find some .h files that have been installed in /usr/pkg/http/include
and therefore exits with errors.  Has someone actually tried out this
package ?

Comments welcome :)

Udo Steinegger