Subject: People interested in looking at a kernel config file builder?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1998 11:42:45
Folks,
        Some people may recall me raving about putting together an
assistant type program for building a kernel config file.  After much
distractions & delay I have finally put something together that I
think will do the job.  I would like some interested people to have a
look at what I have done and see what they think....

The source comes to ~40k tarred 'n zipped.  If someone can provide a
ftp spot that would be great (I consider ~60k mail messages bordering
on rude ;-).

You will Julian Coleman's and my patches to libcurses - there is a bug in
the gnats database for this (#3969).  I can produce an updated patch
if required.

Note I have really only tested this on 1.3 i386 (I need to chase down
why my pcmcia network card don't work on current before I can update
the laptop :-( ).  I have run the code on -current but some of the
newer devices will not have information so the config for them may be
broken (a new abc.conf would fix most of this).  Irrespective of this
you should be able to run the code and see what the program looks
like.  People who want to test other architectures will need to
generate a new abc.conf file (this is mostly automated if you have
perl) - I can help generate a new abc.conf for different architectures.

  And the monks would cry unto them, "Keep the bloody noise down!"
  - Mort, Terry Pratchett.