Subject: Re: texinfo files
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1998 17:43:42

    Perry> "Michael C. Richardson" writes:
    >> Do we distribute the INFO files for tools that we have installed?
    >> i.e. gdb, binutils, gcc, etc? If so, where are they put? I realize
    >> that we don't distribute a viewer for them by default either, but that
    >> could easily be something in pkg.

    Perry> I don't believe we do, but we should.

  Going into /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb, I discover that they aren't built
there at all.
  Going into /usr/src/gnu/dist/gdb/doc, I realize that I need to run
./configure to get Makefile.in->Makefile to build things. Further I
then discover that it depends on things in ../../readline/doc, and then
I discover that I can't get all the dependancies worked out even after
I fake the Makefile.in->Makefile stuff.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.