Subject: Re: Add new ethernet adapter?
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Space Case <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1998 16:43:00
On Sep 21, 11:11am, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Space Case wrote:
>> I went down to the local discount computer store today and picked up an
>> ethernet card.  They didn't have a big selection (but lots of what they
>I think the thing to do is look for one w/ a DEC  21040, 21041, or 21140
>on it.

I gave up on it and went driving around to several computer stores.  The
only thing I could find that was on the list of supported PCI devices was
an Intel EtherExpress.  I got one, but it cost 3 times the other. :(

>> The card is a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card (see
>> ), with a Lite-On
>> chip that is identified as:
>> Lite-On Communications product 0x0002 (ethernet network, revision 0x20)
>I think you'll need a new driver, unless Lite-On can make it work in some
>compatability mode.

I tried to see if it would do an emulation, and it wouldn't.  Not sure
what to do with it now...

Steve Allen -   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <>

Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made
sense from things she found in gift shops.
		-- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.