Subject: Re: OpenBSD
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: David Holland <dholland@cs.toronto.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1998 18:19:54
 > Um, that rather presupposes that OpenBSD has in fact made significant
 > security-related changes _which aren't also in NetBSD_.
 >
 > Which is precisely the reason I asked for a comparison of the two
 > codebases: to see just what is behind those claims.
 >
 > Other than crypto distribution, what has OpenBSD acutally done that
 > NetBSD hasn't?  I mean, it's not like no NetbSD developers follow
 > BUGTRAQ, now is it?

Well, that's not clear, because OpenBSD won't release their fixes,
because then other systems would be able to catch up to them on
security, or some kind of nonsense like that.

Their usual answer is to read their cvs commits mailing list.

--
   - David A. Holland             | (please continue to send non-list mail to
     dholland@cs.utoronto.ca      | dholland@hcs.harvard.edu. yes, I moved.)